Operations and Supply Chain Management
This is the company website:
the process and case video:
It should be in the form of a business report with appropriate structure and layout and presentation using pictures, photos, tables, diagrams, graphs, references as required.
As this is a live consultant report, no introduction to the case or business is required, and no attempt should be made to contact the business direct.
3000 words (words in diagrams not included but tables are)
Section A: Produce a capacity and demand model, (with sensitivity analysis) for EC ( this part should be in an excel file .)
These links is what you need to help you in this section
Getting started video from tutorial class
Tutorial class call centre answer
Intital Guidelines – Capacity Model
1. Focus on one product area to start with
2. Identify the forecast for your chosen products for all months in 2014
You now have the demand – now need to look at capacity side
1. Find the data relating to how long it takes make a cake
2. Aim to get your capacity calculation in the same units .cakes per month
3. Identify the parts of the calculation = days in a month, hours in a day, times to make a cake – see additional considerations
4. Label these ( and your assumptions) in separate cells
5. Construct your capacity columns, have separate columns for entering staff numbers from formula columns ( see call centre example)
6. Construct your capacity calculations USING FORMULAS
7. Construct your graph(s)
8. Change the inputs to the model and see what the consequences are ( sensitivity analysis)
9. Write it up!
a) Are you going to construct capacity based on average times for making a cake product type?
b) How could you product a costing for your capacity plan…
c) Or consider weighted average based on demand ratios?
d) How could you expand you model to include other products?
Section B: Evaluate how concepts from ‘L:EAN’ could improve EC’s operation*
* Include consideration of either how lean could be applied to their new product development process, or how LEAN could be applied to responding and fulfilling orders direct from the consumer.
This link may help you in section B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGuhrB-jEc&feature=youtu.be
Section C: Develop an improvement strategy for EC’s operational performance by answering the questions below;
1 Identify and justify the performance [dimension] priorities for EC?
2 How could your work from Section A/B impact these priorities?
3 How would you plan to measure the improvements?
This link is to help in section c: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGuhrB-jEc&feature=youtu.be
Please before start have look to WORD document "supply chain part2" in the additional folders for instruction details
other files need to be looked to get the output from those files